Platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
Cosmetic PRP is a regenerative technique that goes beyond aesthetic medicine
Most of us know that platelet-rich plasma (PRP) comes from dermatology and aesthetic medicine, but it was originally used to reconstruct tissues in orthopaedics and trauma. Regenerative medicine emerged in 1994 when was first applied in jaw reconstruction surgery and was shown to accelerate the consolidation of the bone. Its use then spread to other medical fields.
For those who are seeking a more natural approach to anti-ageing procedures, PRP therapy is the ultimate regenerative treatment. In therapies that include PRP, the platelets (and the growth factors they contain) are injected into the dermis. This therapy uses your own cells so it is completely safe and natural. PRP is commonly used as a preventive and regenerative treatment and it is recommended when the first signs of aging appear in the skin. This innovative procedure has been scientifically proven to tone and tighten skin by repairing the elasticity, colour and quality of the skin. The improvement in collagen and overall skin health helps to minimise wrinkles and scarring producing a refreshed look. PRP is also indicated in reduce stretch marks, cellulite and alopecia.
Not all PRP is equal!
At TDOX, our preparation protocol has outstanding performance in extracting, separating, and collecting PRP with platelet concentrations of up to 10 times baseline. This efficiency is superior to other manual preparation PRP kits that are commonly available in the market.
WHAT IS PRP?
Platelet Rich Plasma is an extract of your own blood that contains a high concentration of platelets, growth factors, and active proteins essential for tissue regeneration and healing. It has been used by doctors for many years to accelerate surgical healing, repair tendons, ligaments and joint damage, heal skin wounds and help regrow muscle and bone. The same physiological process that aids healing in other areas of the body occurs when PRP is used to improve skin health.
PRP is an autologous material, which means that it is obtained from the patient herself. In this process, our clinician will draw a small sample of blood, which is then spun in a centrifuge for approximately five minutes to separate the plasma from the other blood particles. This procedure only takes around 20 minutes.
WHAT ARE THE PRP BENEFITS?
The potential benefits of PRP have led to widespread interest in its use for anti-aging and aesthetic purposes. Published scientific research in PRP has stated that it can:
- Increases skin elasticity.
- Reduces shallow wrinkles and lines.
- Increases skin glow.
- Minimises appearance of scar
- Promote more even skin tone and texture
- It doesn’t change facial expression.
- It is compatible with other aesthetic treatments.
- It increases hydration and gives a feeling of freshness.
WHO IS IT FOR?
PRP is great for anyone who is concerned by any areas of skin that are starting to lose elasticity and structural integrity, particularly sun damaged skin. It is also a highly effective method for stimulating our body’s cells to produce new, healthy looking skin. It is extremely effective for those who notice first signs of ageing in their skin.
WHERE CAN PRP BE TREATED?
- Skin around the eyes
- Face and cheeks
- This is a medical treatment that must be performed by doctors. At TDOX, patient’s safety is our number 1 priority! The blood sample must be treated in totally aseptic conditions.
- The process has an expiration date, and so it must be completed within allocated time frame; otherwise the plasma denatures and loses its properties.
- The final result is a yellowish platelet-rich plasma concentrate, with no red or white blood cells.
- It is important to inject the richest plasma fraction to achieve the best possible therapeutic effect.